Locations: Sherman, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the administration of the job site safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct regular walk through inspections of construction areas.
2. Assist in identifying, documenting and recommending resolution of hazardous/potential hazardous conditions; follow through to insure corrections have been made.
3. Assist with investigating personal injury and property damage accidents.
4. Assist with compiling data, photographs, etc.; prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents.
5. Issue various entry permits (i.e. to confined spaces) as required.
6. Assist in emergency rescues as required. Assist in maintaining fire protection and grounding systems.
7. Conduct various industrial hygiene samplings, such as gas, 02, noise test to insure working conditions.
8. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· OSHA 30 Construction Certification
· CPR – First Aid Certification
· Minimum 1 year of safety construction experience.
· Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
· Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
· Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
· Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
· Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, andothers
· Up to 10%
· General work environment – sitting, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted in both indoor office settings, and outdoor constructions jobsite settings. Environmental conditions will vary
· Noise level varies based on location
· Occasional lifting of up to 40lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: March 2015