Locations: McKinney/Sherman, Texas
Employment Type: Full Time
The BIM Modeler I is responsible for providing modeling efforts for both project delivery and standards. A member of the production team that will create a majority of the drawings for a project and may function as a Lead Modeler.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with the Lead Modeler in developing Revit Families either for the revised standards or for a specific project’s needs.
2. Will need to efficiently model and document the project.
3. Perform layout and input of marked‐up drawings into Revit in accordance with MPS Standards.
4. Lead modeling efforts on projects working with support modelers to complete deliverables.
5. Setup of Revit views for use by the Modular Power Solutions Project team.
6. Electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and/or model.
7.Input of marked‐up drawings into Revit.
8. Document and archive work pursuant to the MPS Standard.
9. Acknowledgement of any/all MPS confidentiality and/or Non‐Disclosure requirements pursuant to this position. The protection of Proprietary or Company Intellectual Property.
10. Back‐check own work for accuracy before passing on to others.
11. Download drawings and information from the Web, SharePoint or project websites (FTP, etc.).
12. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree preferred in Computerized Drafting field
• 2 years of total experience with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards
• Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proficient working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use by MPS, including being able to create and manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters and similar Revit functions
• Ability to take verbal and general written direction well and turn that direction into appropriate, working design documents
• Fluency in Autodesk Navisworks, Autodesk Design Review and working knowledge of 3D layout and design
• Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work sharing process
• Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades
• Ability to type, proofread, spell check own work without supervision
• Ability to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team, either via posting to website or the Internet or via hard copy
• Fluency with all plotters, printers and reproduction systems used in house or on the job site
• Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing files into Revit projects
• Fluency in the current version of Revit software employed by the Department
• Fluency in the 2D and 3D space
• Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy
• Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be creating simple parametric families, utilizing shared parameters, creating schedules, and creating complex geometry
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
• Ability to be self‐motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
• General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
• Noise level is usually low to medium
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: January 2016